MAC Tennis Scholarship
Four $1,000 Tennis Scholarships Awarded to High School Seniors in St. Louis and Kansas City
Since the late 1970s the tennis communities in St. Louis and Kansas City have helped turn MAC Sports and Recreation Surfaces into one of the Midwest’s leading tennis court builders.
We created the MAC Tennis Scholarship to show our appreciation and support of the scholastic tennis community by helping to educate tomorrow’s leaders. We’re proud to continue championing those who share a love of tennis with a scholarship that helps fund their future education.
McConnell & Associates is proud to award a one-time $1,000 scholarship to four graduating high school seniors this spring – one male and one female student in the St. Louis Metro, and one male and one female student in the Kansas City Metro.
Want to Apply for the MAC Tennis Scholarship?
Our committee is excited to review your application.
Simply fill out your contact information, send us an unofficial copy of your grade transcript and write a 500-word essay answering the following question:
How has your involvement in the high school tennis community impacted your academic and personal growth?Apply Now
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to apply?
- High school seniors
- Residents of St. Louis or Kansas City
- Attending college in the fall of 2021
- Participates in a High School tennis program
What are the selection criteria
Winners are selected based on:
- Academic achievement
Disclaimer: Winner decisions are final and not subject to appeal. No application feedback is given.
What are the details of the scholarship?
- Four $1,000 scholarships are awarded annually
- Scholarships are not renewable
- Award money can be used for tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for courses
- Institutions must be accredited and be two- or four-year U.S. colleges or universities
When are applications due?
- 2021 application due date 3/31/2021
When are winners notified?
- Tennis scholarship winners are notified by mid-April and will receive a phone call from McConnell & Associates to arrange a date to meet the team and receive the award.
Meet the 2019 MAC Tennis Scholarship Scholars
It is a great privilege to introduce the 2019 winners of the MAC Tennis Scholarship. These four students, from the Kansas City and St. Louis area, demonstrated academic excellence, exemplary leadership, community involvement, and dedication to their sport.
The two awardees from the St. Louis area are:
Alyson graduated from Mehlville High School and was coached by Jill Wojewuczki. Alyson will attend Missouri State University.
Drake graduated from Edwardsville High School and was coached by Dave Lipe. Drake will attend Guilford College.
The two awardees from the Kansas City area are:
Anna graduated from Liberty High School and was coached by Pamela Koch. Anna will attend the University of Kansas.